A recent article from Life Site News described an abortion gang that is leading a campaign to donate money to a pro-abortion group for every touchdown that is thrown by Tebow. This absolutely made me sick to think that there is such hatred for Tebow and his stance on being Pro-Life. I can not imagine how hard it will be for him to fight through this attack. How about leading a discussion on this hatred?
Media Resource To Discuss
The clear battle between the pro-life movement and pro-choice movement has led to many outrageous acts that are show clearly the hatred that one group has for the other. Forcing this attack on Tebow must have caused him incredible grief. His talents in football that he has focused intensely on using to give glory to God is now being used as a means to fund abortion. It is not his choice that this happened, but he still has to make a choice. As we discuss this story, let us focus our attention on how we can better understand and love those who persecute who harshly.
- Why do you think that this Abortion Gang is acting so harshly in response to Tebow’s actions?
- Do you think that it is just the Pro-Choice groups that are acting out of rage to the other side?
- Do you think that you would be able to continue “throwing touchdowns” if you were Tim Tebow?
- What are some ways that Christians are persecuted today?
- Do you think it is ok for Tim to throw touchdowns knowing that his success will now lead to a greater funding in the one cause he has openly been against? If you do, what type or level of threat do you think would make it too horrible of a consequence to make it ok?
Lord God, thank for the many gifts that you have given us, especially for the sacrifice that You made for us on the Cross. Today, we ask that You grant us the strength and courage to live out our faith no matter how much we are persecuted. Grant us the wisdom to know right from wrong. We also pray for our neighbors and their faith, that they would turn their gaze towards You and have the incredible gift of experiencing Your merciful love. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Amen.
CREDITS: CC Image courtesy of Mkumm on Flickr